The Marantz CD6006 offers exceptional CD playback with Marantz's proprietary HDAM-SA2 circuit for Headphone Amplifier. It features CS4398 DAC that delivers precise and honest sound from Hig-Res audio files.
The new CD6006 is a fine-tuned version of its predecessor (What HiFi “Best CD player under $1000”), with even more specially selected components and a new circuit layout.
Increased feet rigidity further eliminates vibration. The oversized power supply feeds the digital and analogue circuitry of the player, where the high-quality CS4398 DAC converts digital signals to analogue, this is then ‘pushed’ to the gold-plated RCA outputs by Marantz’s own small signal amplifier, the HDAM-SA2. In addition, we have included a new remote that also controls the PM6006 amp.
Altogether, the CD6006 is a match made in heaven for the music lover who wants nothing but the best performance at an attractive price, and it is also perfect for lovers of portable music, thanks to its iPod-digital connectivity.
Marantz HDAM Technology
Marantz developed its own discrete circuit boards to replace standard IC's. These HDAM's consists of discrete surface mount components with short mirror image L/R signal paths. Those devices are doing exactly the same thing as the Op-Amps, but outperform the regular IC Op-amps dramatically in terms of the Slew Rate and reduced noise level, resulting in a much more dynamic, accurate and detailed sound. Over the years Marantz developed different types of the HDAM to improve quality and to fit the special requirements of a product category like CD or amplifier.
- CD, CD-R/RW playback, Front USB input certified “Made for iPhone/iPod”
- Support of WAV, MP3, AAC, WMA file playback via USB devices
- Further sound tuned with carefully selected components
- High quality 192 kHz/24 bit D/A conversion (CS4398) and accurate system clock
- Marantz proprietary HDAM-SA2 circuits
- Full discrete headphone amplifier with HDAM-SA2 and gain control
- Double layered bottom plate and rigid feet
- Gold Plated L/R/Coax Outputs
- System remote to control CD-Player, Amplifier and Network Player