Polk Atrium 8 SDI All-Weather Outdoor Stereo Loudspeaker has a unique, patented single/dual input switch that combined with its ingenious dual tweeter array enables you to use the Atrium8SDI as either a single high-performance stereo loudspeaker or the left-or-right speaker in a high-performance stereo pair. And you can use it practically anywhere, because the Atrium8SDI also has special military spec waterproofing features, including our patented water-resistant PowerPort® bass venting.
- 6 1/2-inch (16.51cm) long-throw aerated polypropylene cone driver with butyl rubber surround pumps out a surprising bass response from a compact design.
- Two 1-inch (24.5mm) anodized aluminium dome tweeters with rubber surround and neodymium magnets offer better power handling, smoother response and greater accuracy. Dual tweeter array with stereo tweeter aiming creates excellent imaging, whether used as a single stereo speaker, or as half of a stereo pair.
- Patented water-resistant PowerPort bass venting efficiently adds 3dB of big, realistic, musical bass output. And because it's Polk all-weather certified water-resistant, it can go practically anywhere with no worries about moisture impeding its performance.
- The dual voice coil, Dynamic Balance® aerated polypropylene cone with rubber surround for greater power handling and better efficiency.
- Single/dual input switch. Combined with its ingenious dual tweeter array, this switch enables the Atrium8SDI to be used either as a single high-performance stereo loudspeaker, or the left-or-right speaker in a high-performance stereo pair.
- Broad coverage made possible by a more steeply-angled baffle design that maximizes critical mid- and high-frequency dispersion over a large area, without sacrificing the detail.
- Durable, mineral-filled polypropylene cabinet design, with moulded-in bracing, sounds like a real speaker (not "an outdoor speaker"), and survives years of seasonal changes, for truly great sound, no matter what the weather.
- Patented Dynamic Balance and Klippel optimization technologies ensure the perfect material performance, eliminating driver and tweeter "artifacts" for more realistic sound reproduction at high and low volume levels.
- Polk all-weather certified, Atrium Series speakers exceed baseline industrial and military specifications for environmental endurance (ASTM D5894-UV Salt Fog, Mil Standard 810 Immersion, Mil-Std 883 Method 1009.8 for salt and corrosion.) Certification means Atrium speakers can effortlessly withstand the worst Mother Nature can dish out, whether its extreme temps or heavy rains. Aluminium grilles and bracket, with stainless steel and brass hardware: No rust. Ever.
- Gold plated 5-way binding posts for the most secure, efficient hookups.
- Available in durable, weatherproof black or white paintable finishes.