There's no doubt that bookshelf loudspeakers offer greater placement flexibility than floorstanding loudspeakers but usually with a trade-off in performance. Not so with the LSiM703 bookshelf loudspeakers. You'll be delightfully surprised to hear the kind of performance that befits our flagship loudspeaker line. With a 6 1/2-inch mid-woofer, 3 1/4-inch midrange, both of lightweight super cell aerated polypropylene, combined with the enhanced deep musical bass response of Polk's patented PowerPort® bass venting system, the LSiM703 delivers a wide, deep, dynamic soundstage
The addition of the proprietary 1-inch ring radiator tweeter adds pinpoint detail for realistic imaging. With the performance of the groundbreaking LSiM Series in a smaller, flexible bookshelf speaker format, the LSiM703 gives you the best of all worlds.
- Polk's exclusive dynamic sonic engine design optimises the midrange driver and the ring radiator tweeter in separate interior chambers for an improved transient response, superior imaging and greater horizontal off-axis response.
- Enhanced, reengineered ring radiator tweeters extend top-end response for incredible details and realistic imaging.
- Our innovative overhung voice coil design augments the excursion length for subwoofer drivers, increasing their power-handling capabilities and enhancing bass response.
- Extended Linear Motion voice coil design allows lots of movement in a limited space, eliminating impedance and extending mid- and high-frequency response.
- Lightweight, rigid cast aluminium baskets are designed for precision motor alignment with an unobstructed linear movement and ample venting.
- Klippel motor optimisation uses laser measurement technology to ensure a smooth excursion path at either end of the volume spectrum for uniform performance at both low and high volumes.
- Polk's proprietary, patented Dynamic Balance® technology allows our engineers to design out distortion-causing driver and system resonances, so you only hear the good sounds.
- Our super cell aerated polypropylene cone is the ideal balance of lightweight stiffness (for more efficient action with less distortion-causing flex) and superior damping properties.
- Durable, computer-modelled, injection-moulded butyl rubber surrounds suppress unwanted cone resonances for a lifetime of reliable sound.
- High quality, heavy-duty LSiM enclosure construction features 1.0" MDF on the sides, 3/4" MDF on the back and bottom and 1 1/4-inch baffle with substantial internal bracing and separate interior cabinetry for each driver. These exceptionally robust materials efficiently eliminate cabinet resonances and standing waves for less distortion and more dynamic transparency.
- Beautiful furniture-grade hardwood veneer cabinet finishes, with sleek trim accents and no visible screws.
- Super-thin zero-diffraction grilles lock in place magnetically, and never obscure your sound.
- PowerPort® bass venting is Polk's patented design for smoothly transitioning the airflow from the port into your listening area, eliminating turbulence and distortion, for bigger, more efficient, deep bass impact.
- All Polk loudspeakers are timbre-matched within their series, designed with the same components throughout, to achieve seamless speaker-to-speaker blending effects in multi-channel systems.
- Dual gold-plated, professional-style 5-way binding posts, for the most secure connection options.
- Dual binding posts allow bi-amp or bi-wire connection