SVS Prime Bookshelf Loudspeakers (Pair) are designed for two-channel purists and home theatre fans alike, there simply isn’t a finer bookshelf monitor available at even twice the price. Equally adept up front in home theatre or 2-channel settings, or even as a surround speaker. No matter what your listening preference, the Prime Bookshelf is the most flexible performer in the Prime speaker line. The handsome styling and high-end finishes result in a premium look that inspires pride—even before you’ve hit the power button. Matched with both the Prime and Ultra Centre, Prime Satellites, and SVS subwoofers, the Prime Bookshelves can be the cornerstone or a stunning supportive element to any audio system.
In a 2-channel setting, Prime Bookshelf delivers a full and rich stand-alone audio experience with a 6.25” woofer for deep and articulate bass and a 1” aluminium dome tweeter for air presentation and unrivalled highs —true to the legacy of high-end, 2-way monitors. Stereo purists will rejoice at the amazing imaging, soundstage and fidelity delivered by the Prime Bookshelf. Whether you’re kicking back Saturday evening with a single malt and Dylan, or enjoying freshly ground coffee Sunday morning with Brubeck – the Prime Bookshelf has it covered.
Borrowing heavily from the Ultra line, the Prime Bookshelf is packed with high-end technology and premium quality drivers, setting a new high-water mark for sound quality and performance value at this price point. The crossover is the key to any great bookshelf, and our exclusive SoundMatch network is packed with quality components and exhaustive refinement for outstanding phase coherency and time domain behaviour. The transition between tweeter and woofer is so smooth and seamless you’ll swear it sounds like a single full-range driver. The front baffle of the cabinet is chamfered and the drivers are flush-mounted to reduce edge diffraction for a smooth high-end and outstanding imaging. Inside the FEA and CAD optimized cabinet is braced to eliminate resonances for an honest, neutral and uncoloured midrange.
The 1” Aluminium dome tweeter, which is light, efficient, and rigid, provides high SPL (Sound Pressure Level) with minimal distortion and the sense of utter transparency. It deploys a Finite-Element-Analysis (FEA) optimised diffuser to ensure the tweeter only has the perfect on-axis and off-axis frequency response. That way everyone in your listening room gets the best performance. Likewise, since we share these design traits with both the Prime and Ultra speakers, both product lines can blend well with one another while offering that SVS hallmark ‘airy’ presentation and incredibly unveiled highs.
- Long stroke motor and suspension for high output.
- Polypropylene cone for excellent stiffness/mass ratio and pistonic behaviour.
- Aluminium shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and enhance high frequency response.
- Cast ABS-fibreglass composite basket ensures precision component alignment and excellent thermal transfer.
- Vented voice coil former minimises air compression artifacts.
- 2-way crossover with premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards.
- Crossover network delivers outstanding phase coherency and time domain behaviour.
- Tweeter-to-woofer crossover: 2.3 kHz (12 dB/octave slopes).
- Acoustically transparent and FEA optimised grilles minimise diffraction.
- Chamfered front baffle and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response.
- FEA-optimised cabinet and bracing eliminates resonances.